What is the problem?
It is a headache when you have to lead with a lot of property files and even worst when you have many environments.
What is Zuul?
Zuul is an open source web application which centralize and manage property files configuration.
What can I do?
- Create environments
- Upload property files
- Create new entries
- Clone property files between environments
- Group property files in folders
- Encryption support
Steps to install Zuul
Zuul can integrate with Google, Yahoo, LDAP and Active Directory.
Here the steps to set up Zuul against LDAP.
1. Install OpenLDAP.
2. Load this file into the LDAP.
3. Instal Mysql
1 2 3
4. Create zuul database.
5. Download Zuul.
6. Set this parameters at:
7. Add database driver into %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib.
8. Copy ldap.properties and zuul-data-config.properties from zuul/WEB-INF/classes/examples to %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib.
9. Modify ldap.properties
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
10. Start tomcat and zuul application will create the database tables using liquibase.
Now, you have Zuul application ready to use.
Create a property in dev environment named myproperty
Download Zuul demo
Now run mvn test, you will get the value from Zuul Service.
Create new property option.
Create new property view.
Property view and ready to add key and values.
Adding new property.
Property created in DEV environment.
Key Management option.
Key Management view.
You can also create groups.